The eyes are often considered the window to the soul, but they also play a significant role in our overall appearance. As a nurse injector, licensed esthetician, and makeup artist, I've had the privilege of helping clients enhance their natural beauty. In this blog post, I'll share my top tips and tricks for improving the eye area, addressing aging concerns, preventing future signs of aging, and reducing puffiness.
Improve Aging Around the Eyes
Incorporate Pharmaceutical grade skincare
Using the right Products can really improve the eye area. Eye creams containing peptides, hyaluronic acid, vitamin c , growth factors and retinoids can help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. At precision we encourage our patients to use pharmaceutical grade skincare that is proven to improve their eye area.
Pro tip- apply your eye care with your ring finger in a patting motion to prevent pulling of the eyelid.
Recommendations for pharmaceutical grade eye care
- Revision Revox Line relaxer
- Revision Dej eye
- Neocutis illuminating Eye
Consider Injectables for your eyes
As a nurse injector, I've seen the transformative effects of neurotoxin, dermal filler, PRF/PRP and PDO threads in the eye area. When done correctly, conservatively and in the right sequence, injectable treatments are wonderful for addressing aging, under eye wrinkles, thinning skin, volume loss and deep lines around the eyes.
Pro tip- ask to see before and after photos. Reminder to tell your provider if you are prone to water retention under your eyes.
Implement in-office corrective procedures
Energy based devices and Chemical peels can help improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines when performed by a licensed professional. A Treatment series of devices and or peels can be created to target age-related concerns around the eye area. Plan your services at least 4-8 weeks before a special event
How to reduce eye aging and prevent under eye bags
- Daily Sun Protection: To prevent aging it is crucial to protect the skin form UV damage. By using sunscreen and wearing sunglasses to shield the delicate skin around the eyes from harmful UV rays, a key factor in preventing premature aging. I love Precision Skincare Peptide Eye as it’s a great all in one product- it has peptide technology combined with tinted SPF so it doubles as a concealer!
- Hydration and Nutrition: It is important to maintain a well-balanced diet and stay adequately hydrated to support overall skin health, helping to stave off signs of aging.
- Sleep Hygiene: Getting adequate rest is essential for your eye area as well as your entire body. It’s important to get 6-8 hours of sleep every night. Sleeping slightly elevated on your back is also best for your face and your circulation. There are a few pillows on the market like the Flawless Face Pillow (affiliate link) that can help cradle your face and keep your skin smooth while you sleep.
- Makeup application: when applying makeup, do not stretch your eyelid skin as it will cause your skin to age faster. In addition, remember to use high quality makeup as certain ingredients can cause inflammation which will increase again. We love Jane Iredale Cosmetics as they have a wide variety of eye makeup that is great for the skin.
If you’re having trouble sleeping your hormones may be a factor and getting diagnostic testing can help assess your levels. If hormones are causing sleep disruption it’s a relatively simple process to resolve.
How to reduce under eye bags and puffiness
- Eye Massage Techniques: Using a jade roller or your fingers with light pressure around the eyes can help stimulate lymphatic drainage, potentially reducing puffiness.
- Cool Compresses: By using cool compresses or refrigerated eye masks to alleviate puffiness by constricting blood vessels and minimizing fluid retention.
- Specialty Ingredient Infused Products: I recommend eye creams or eye serums containing peptides, caffeine, Vitamin K or Vitamin C are known for their ability to temporarily tighten and firm the skin, which can help reduce puffiness. Vitamin K can help shrink blood vessels so it’s also a great way to decrease dark circles.
Thyroid issues can cause puffy eyes, if you’re frequently experiencing water retention under your eyes it may be time for diagnostic testing. Thyroid issues can also cause thinning of your lateral eyebrow and eyelashes.
My favorite products that help brighten your eyes
- Revision C+ brightening eye complex
- Revision Vitamin K and Precision Skincare
- Peptide Eye
As a nurse injector, licensed esthetician, and makeup artist, I'm passionate about empowering individuals to look and feel their best. By implementing these tips and tricks to your eye care routine, you can achieve a rejuvenated eye area while combating signs of aging, preventing future concerns, and reducing puffiness. Remember, open communication with your provider and personalized care are essential for solutions that align with your unique needs and goals. Here's to putting your best face forward!