What is Renuva?
Renuva is a groundbreaking treatment that, when injected, gradually replaces age-related fat loss with your body’s own fat.
Proudly produced in the United States, Renuva is safe and effective for replacing volume loss in the face, hands and body.
Renuva contains the same collagens, growth factors and proteins as your own fat. When injected, Renuva is gradually replaced with your own fat cells over the next few months. Post injection, new blood vessels and fat cell formation results in volume restoration – which helps you look natural, youthful and healthy.
Renuva is an off-the-shelf alternative to autologous fat transfer. It is used to restore volume in the face, hands and body in a short, in-office procedure. The adipose allograft is processed to preserve the extracellular matrix containing collagens, proteins, and growth factors found in adipose tissue.
Where is Renuva sourced from?
Cadaver While most dermal fillers feature hyaluronic acid as a primary ingredient, Renuva is made from an allograft adipose matrix which is derived from human fat.
Why is my injector suggesting Renuva rather than a CaHA or HA filler? This filler is best for people who have fat loss. It is great for bio stimulation, can be a longer lasting option, is great for cellulite, post liposuction or surgery where there is some areas of unevenness. Renuva is injected where fat naturally exists, to replace volume where fat loss occurs. It is commonly used to restore age-related volume loss in the face and hands, neck, décolletage and hands, as well as areas of the body where fat supplementing is desired. The treatment is also helpful for erasing cellulite dimples, smoothing liposuction irregularities, and flattening depressed scars.
Will results be immediate?
A few days after treatment, you will look as you did before treatment. This is normal. Over time, Sculptra will replace lost collagen. It takes several weeks to see the effects of this treatment, and the appropriate way to do this is to “treat, wait and reassess” in 12 weeks.
How long do results last?
Results can last for up to two years post treatment. As PLLA is biocompatible, it is naturally absorbed by the body over time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any contraindications?
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding, neuromuscular
- Active herpes
- Pregnancy or nursing
- Lidocaine allergy
Are there any side effects?
- Discomfort during injections.
- Tenderness at injection site for several days afterward.
- Allergic reactions.
Is Renuva reversible?
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- Avoid taking medications such as Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, oral Vitamin E, NSAIDs, and some supplements such as fish oils for 10 days prior to treatment to reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising
- If you are taking anticoagulation medications, discuss the use of these medications with your healthcare provider prior to your treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores (oral herpes simplex), take your prescribed medication (Famvir, Famciclovir, Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir) as prescribed in the 24 hours prior to your treatment
Is there any post care?
- Avoid applying pressure or touching the treated area for 6 hours after the procedure
- Avoid vigorous scrubs, exfoliation, or facial treatment in the area of treatment for 72 hours
- Avoid microdermabrasion or vibradermabrasion for 72 hours after
- Avoid prolonged exposure to directly sunlight or UV/tanning beds for 72 hours after the procedure
- Avoid manipulation of the area following the injection unless specifically instructed otherwise by your healthcare practitioner
- For pain/discomfort, use cool packs and over-the-counter analgesics (acetaminophen, Tylenol)
- Oral or topical Arnica Montana, an herbal supplement, may help with reducing swelling. DO NOT take Arnica Montana if you have liver or kidney problems.
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, St. John’s Wort, oral Vitamin E, and NSAIDs may promote the risk of bruising and bleeding in the injection area
- If you are prone to cold sores (oral herpes simplex), take your prescribed medication (Famvir, Famciclovir, Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir) as prescribed for the 24 hours after your treatment.
- If signs and symptoms of infection persist (warmth at the injection site, discharge/pus, pain/discomfort) or if you develop a fever, please contact our office so our staff may assist you
Are there any risks? How does my injector mitigate those risks?
1) Post-treatment swelling, redness, discomfort, and bruising.
2) Initial swelling may persist for up to 2-4weeks.
3) Small nodules/bumps may be felt when massaging skin. These bumps may last 4-6weeks.
5) Allergic Reaction.
6) Post-Treatment Infection.
7) Injection into blood vessels resulting in tissue necrosis. 8) Further therapy may be required.
9) The use of anti-inflammatory drugs and/or anticlotting agents may result in increased bleeding or bruising at the injection site(s). If any severe reactions should occur after treatment with Renuva®, you should immediately contact your physician.
Like with all fillers, if injected into a vessel there is risk of a vascular injury.
Will it be painful?
Do you have any question?
Please feel free to contact us, our team is ready to assist you immediately.
Services like Agnes, Scarlet, and Kybella are utilized to provide contouring to the face and body in order to tighten, firm, and sculpt.
Leg veins can hurt and can make you feel uncomfortable when trying to get in dresses and gym clothes like shorts. Sclerotherapy and aerolase allows you to scar and close veins quickly, faster results can be visible even in weeks, check our patients results here.
Facial and body Rejuvenation
Through a multifaceted approach our Nurse injectors and Medical Aestheticians may provide services like Scarlet, Skinpen, Dermal fillers, and PDO threads in order to prevent and correct imperfections in the skin.
Medical grade facials and peels, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, extractions, cryotherapy and ultrasound – we specialize in all skin types and conditions such as acne and melasma. We take pride in providing our clients with the best at home skincare lines including Precision Skincare, Revision, Skin Ceuticals, Epionce, Defenage, Alithea, Sassy Lil Secrets and Jane Iredale
Hyperpigmentation Types include melasma, age spots, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It is a harmless skin condition that people can get rid of. As professionals, our team can provide you with a customized treatment for you, just worry about show off your clean, radiant and beautiful skin
Through services like aerolase, venus and waxing we are able to remove unwanted hair to leave you feeling silky smooth and confident!
Our experienced Aestheticians provide sanitary and quality permanent makeup services such as microblading, tattoo eyeliner and lip tinting, that are custom tailored to your desired look!
Our experienced nurse injectors assess each client and use a variety of Neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysort, Xeomin and Daxxify.