What are PDO threads?
Threads, commonly referred to as a thread lift, is a procedure where the threads are inserted underneath the skin to instantly and effectively lift and/or smooth sagging skin. A thread lift is a type of procedure wherein temporary sutures are used to produce a subtle but visible “lift” in the skin. Instead of removing the patient’s loose facial skin surgically, the cosmetic surgeon simply suspends it by stitching up portions of it. This has the effect of pulling the skin back slightly and therefore lifting and tightening the face. In addition to being ideal for lifting the skin, threads combat aging in another way: by provoking the body’s “healing response” and causing the body to direct large surges of collagen to treated areas. This is important because of the vital role collagen plays in the aging process. At Precision we use Miracu and Busso lift threads.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are PDO threads?
What kind of threads are offered at Precision?
What are the benefits of threads?
How should I prepare for my appointment?
How long until I see results?
Lifting and tightening of the skin and contour of the tissue is seen immediately post treatment. However, due to swelling, final results may not be visualized for 2-3 weeks post treatment. Additionally, collagen and elastin production will continue over time, leaving the skin rejuvenated.
How long will results last?
The body will naturally dissolve and absorb thread material and approximately 3-4 months, depending on the thickness of the thread. However, the client will continue to see results beyond this timeframe. As PDO threads break down, they stimulate the formation of natural collagen and elastin, enhancing the health and quality of the tissue and skin.
Will it hurt?
Is there post care?
- Treated areas should be handled gently when cleansing
- Avoid heat therapies and massage in the treated area for 4-8 weeks
- Avoid heavy physical exercise or exertion for 2-3 days post procedure
- Normal skincare regime can be resumed immediately following treatment
- Avoid smoking as it delays healing
- Avoid drinking through a straw
- No swimming, bathing (submersion), alcohol, cigarettes or sauna for 3 days
- No laser/IPL/radiofrequence/energy treatments for 4 weeks
- Bruising and swelling is normal and expected. If bruising is visible, you can start taking oral arnica and apply topical arnica cream
Is there downtime?
Asymmetry and irregularity of the tissues treated is common and will resolve.
Pain at the injection site(s) is normal– this may last several days or even one week after treatment.
Are threads reversible?
Are there any contraindications?
Are there any risks involved?
- Allergic reaction or rash to anesthetic
- Scarring at the entry points– extremely rare but must be considered when entering the skin with a needle
- Moderate bruising and swelling
- Post treatment bleeding
- Damage to deeper structures – nerves, blood vessels and muscles may be damaged during the course of the procedure. The potential for this to occur varies according to the location on the face or body. This may be temporary or permanent.
- Pigment changes – there is a remote possibility of the treatment area becoming lighter or darker in color than surrounding skin. This is usually temporary, but on rare occasions, may be permanent.
- Slight asymmetry, redness, visible threads that may require additional treatment, and or removal of threads.
- Migration or protrusion of threads
Do you have any question?
Please feel free to contact us, our team is ready to assist you immediately.
Our experienced nurse injectors assess each client and use a variety of Neurotoxins, Dermal fillers, Pdo threads or Kybella to enhance natural beauty and provide each client with their desired result.
Services like Agnes, Scarlet, and Kybella are utilized to provide contouring to the face and body in order to tighten, firm, and sculpt.
Leg veins can hurt and can make you feel uncomfortable when trying to get in dresses and gym clothes like shorts. Sclerotherapy and aerolase allows you to scar and close veins quickly, faster results can be visible even in weeks, check our patients results here.
Facial and body Rejuvenation
Through a multifaceted approach our Nurse injectors and Medical Aestheticians may provide services like Scarlet, Skinpen, Dermal fillers, and PDO threads in order to prevent and correct imperfections in the skin.
Medical grade facials and peels, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, extractions, cryotherapy and ultrasound – we specialize in all skin types and conditions such as acne and melasma. We take pride in providing our clients with the best at home skincare lines including Precision Skincare, Revision, Skin Ceuticals, Epionce, Defenage, Alithea, Sassy Lil Secrets and Jane Iredale
We specialize in addressing various types of hyperpigmentation, including melasma, age spots, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Although this skin condition is harmless, we understand the desire to restore your skin's natural beauty.Our team of seasoned professionals is committed to crafting a personalized treatment plan tailored to your unique needs
Through services like aerolase, venus and waxing we are able to remove unwanted hair to leave you feeling silky smooth and confident!
Our experienced Aestheticians provide sanitary and quality permanent makeup services such as microblading, tattoo eyeliner and lip tinting, that are custom tailored to your desired look!
Our experienced nurse injectors assess each client and use a variety of Neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysort, Xeomin and Daxxify.