What are Dermal Fillers?
Part of what keeps the skin looking youthful and refreshed is volume. Unfortunately, as we age, we lose facial fat and develop hollowing beneath the eyes and cheekbones, resulting in a concave, hollow appearance. Fillers can restore definition and fullness to areas including under the eyes, cheeks, chin, or lips while also softening wrinkles. Filler can also be used to augment areas like the lips or help provide structure and support to the face for balance.
At Precision we offer a variety of dermal fillers such as:
Frequently Asked Questions
What are dermal fillers?
What is a HA filler?
What is a CaHA filler?
What are the risks of dermal fillers? What steps does my injector take to mitigate risk?
The risk of vascular occlusion is mitigated at Precision by utilizing doppler and ultrasound technology to ensure the safety of our patients. Our nurse injectors at Precision have a vast knowledge of facial anatomy and rheology of injectables. We have adverse reaction protocols in place and have extensively trained our injectors to respond to these events. Your injector will also follow up with you post treatment, either via phone or at the in person follow-up. At Precision, the safety of our clients is paramount.
Are dermal fillers reversible?
Will there be any downtime?
Are there any contraindications?
- Active herpes
- Pregnancy or nursing
- Lidocaine allergy
How long will the filler last?
How should I prepare for my appointment?
- Avoid taking medications such as Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, oral Vitamin E, NSAIDs, and some supplements such as fish oils for 10 days prior to treatment to reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising
- If you are taking anticoagulation medications, discuss the use of these medications with your healthcare provider prior to your treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores (oral herpes simplex), take your prescribed medication (Famvir, Famciclovir, Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir) as prescribed in the 24 hours prior to your treatment
Is there any post care?
- Avoid applying pressure or touching the treated area for 6 hours after the procedure
- Avoid vigorous scrubs, exfoliation, or facial treatment in the area of treatment for 72 hours
- Avoid microdermabrasion or vibradermabrasion for 72 hours after
- Avoid prolonged exposure to directly sunlight or UV/tanning beds for 72 hours after the procedure
- Avoid manipulation of the area following the injection unless specifically instructed otherwise by your healthcare practitioner
- For pain/discomfort, use cool packs and over-the-counter analgesics (acetaminophen, Tylenol)
- Oral or topical Arnica Montana, an herbal supplement, may help with reducing swelling. DO NOT take Arnica Montana if you have liver or kidney problems.
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, St. John’s Wort, oral Vitamin E, and NSAIDs may promote the risk of bruising and bleeding in the injection area
- If you are prone to cold sores (oral herpes simplex), take your prescribed medication (Famvir, Famciclovir, Valtrex, Valacyclovir, Acyclovir) as prescribed for the 24 hours after your treatment.
- If signs and symptoms of infection persist (warmth at the injection site, discharge/pus, pain/discomfort) or if you develop a fever, please contact our office so our staff may assist you
When will I see results?
In addition to providing volume, CaHA fillers stimulate collagen and elastin which will improve skin texture and elasticity over time.
Will the procedure be painful?
I’m worried about looking “overdone,” how do I avoid this?
Do you have any question?
Please feel free to contact us, our team is ready to assist you immediately.
Services like Agnes, Scarlet, and Kybella are utilized to provide contouring to the face and body in order to tighten, firm, and sculpt.
Leg veins can hurt and can make you feel uncomfortable when trying to get in dresses and gym clothes like shorts. Sclerotherapy and aerolase allows you to scar and close veins quickly, faster results can be visible even in weeks, check our patients results here.
Facial and body Rejuvenation
Through a multifaceted approach our Nurse injectors and Medical Aestheticians may provide services like Scarlet, Skinpen, Dermal fillers, and PDO threads in order to prevent and correct imperfections in the skin.
Medical grade facials and peels, dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, extractions, cryotherapy and ultrasound – we specialize in all skin types and conditions such as acne and melasma. We take pride in providing our clients with the best at home skincare lines including Precision Skincare, Revision, Skin Ceuticals, Epionce, Defenage, Alithea, Sassy Lil Secrets and Jane Iredale
We specialize in addressing various types of hyperpigmentation, including melasma, age spots, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Although this skin condition is harmless, we understand the desire to restore your skin's natural beauty.Our team of seasoned professionals is committed to crafting a personalized treatment plan tailored to your unique needs
Through services like aerolase, venus and waxing we are able to remove unwanted hair to leave you feeling silky smooth and confident!
Our experienced Aestheticians provide sanitary and quality permanent makeup services such as microblading, tattoo eyeliner and lip tinting, that are custom tailored to your desired look!
Our experienced nurse injectors assess each client and use a variety of Neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysort, Xeomin and Daxxify.